Sunday, September 19, 2010

LOL @ everything ever.

You know the Situationists, the radical French movement of the 20th century? (Read that link plus anything else you can about them, it will blow your mind. Lipstick Traces by Griel Marcus is an excellent source.)

They sought to deconstruct what they viewed as the oppressive confines of modern capitalism, and came up with a ton of slogans they plastered around Paris, eventually leading to the revolt in France and all over the world in May, 1968.

One such situationist slogan was "Under the Paving Stones, the Beach!" I also have an art site under that name.

This month, within the span of a few days, I recieved the following correspondence:

Good Day,
Am [redated] and i will like to know if you do sell Paving Stones ? If you do then, I will like to know some of the types, sizes and price range of those that you have at the moment. I As soon as you reply me with those information? I will get back you to with the quantity that will like to order so that we can proceed from there.
For the payment, i will like to know if you do take major credit card as method of payment?
Thank you and do not forget to include your Name and Phone number when getting back to me.

Dear Customer
I am Pastor [redatced] and i am sending this Email in regards to Order some (Paving Stones) and i would like to know if you do sell some but if not you need to email me back with the Type,Size and with their Prices you have in stock and also advice me of the major forms of payment that you do accept and can you email me with your contact full name and phone number that i can call to place the Order...Awaiting to hear from you soon
May God Bless you ...Pastor.


Viva la revolucion, indeed.

No comments: